Wednesday 18 April 2007

A Journey of a Thousand Miles .........

A writer needs three things, experience, observation, and imagination, any two of which, at times any one of which, can supply the lack of the others.
--William Faulkner


There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
--William Somerset Maugham

I have always had this urge to write. To write something that entertains, provoke or flirts with the accepted line of thoughts! It has been some time now since I (like millions of others) have starting having my own blog. But have I managed to write anything that is readable? May be. May be not. So what else have I got to do to come "of age"?

Well since I have had experience with writing more often bad than good I guess I still lack observations and imagination as William Faulkner puts it.

Having read some very good blogs and books I always admired writers who keep me engrossed in their books or blogs for so long (sometimes 4-5 hours at a stretch)? So what else do I need? Is it my lack of ideas - good or bad? Is it just that I am still frightened and overwhelmed by the monstrous undertaking that is writing.

So to get over the fright I have penned this down. It is said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step right?! Right!
Now there it is! My first real go at writing??

Are you in the habit of reading online? If you are reading novels Arthur Conan Doyle and William Shakespear click here and enjoy!

4:25 pm 12th April 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Investment Pat Baih a Kisapna

Netflix ah Selling Sunset show pen brokerage/real estate firm Oppenheim Group a innzuakte nuntak dan a lak show hi, a tawm in. Zan nitak sea...